Monday, January 3, 2011

Ham & Fennel Bruschetta - Ham Fest 2011


OK OK, it's been a while since I last posted. But, I'm back for good. I took some time off for some food soul searching!

I completely restocked my fridge with fresh ingredients to keep me in check. No more take out, no more eating on the go. Only fresh ingredients so I can cook every day. Day after day. After day. After day. OK, so maybe not every day. Check in often.

Today, I have made something using one of my favorite foods: Ham! If you remember my Ham Fest 2010, you will remember I created meal after meal from leftover Easter ham. Everything from Ham quiche to Ham muffins. I decided to be a little healthier this year for Ham Fest 2011 and create a Ham & Fennel Bruschetta. Let's get started!

Ham & Fennel Bruschetta
Serving Size: 4 Pieces

Ingredients:
6 slices Italian bread
6 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 cup leftover ham, cubed
1 tbsp rosemary (crushed in hand)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 bulb fennel (sliced thin)
olive oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Drizzle olive oil on fennel and top with parmesan cheese
Bake in oven for 10 minutes
In the meantime, mix together yogurt and rosemary
Spread yogurt mixture on bread, top with ham and toast in toaster oven until nice and crispy
Top with fennel and baked cheese crumbs
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment