Sour cream used to make a healthy, creamy banana bread? Who woulda thunk it?
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 egg whites
1 tsp maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter softened
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup sour cream
* Preheat oven to 350°.
* Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
* In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamom with a wire whisk. * Set aside.
* In a large bowl cream butter and sugars with an electric mixer.
* Add egg whites, bananas, sour cream and syrup, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
* Add flour mixture and walnuts, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
* Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.