Sunday, July 11, 2010
Ever Try Grilled Pizza?
It is pretty simple, really. Just use my recipe for pizza dough , but instead of popping it into the oven, you grill it!
1. Spray nonstick olive oil spray on stove top or outside grill and heat until nice and hot
2. Roll out pizza dough into large circle and then cut in half
3. Brush one side of dough with olive oil and gently place on grill
4. Grill for 5 minutes and then gently flip over, brushing olive oil on this side and grill for 5 minutes - You will see dough "puff"
4. Spread with shredded mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings while on the grill, such as sauteed fennel, onions and hot Italian sausage or a simple mozzarella, basil and tomato mixture.
5. If you are making the crust ahead of time, grill the dough and when ready to serve the pizza, pop the cust with the toppings into the oven on 350 degrees for 10 minutes