Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tiramisu Iced Coffee Drink (Alcoholic)

I needed a pick-me-up this morning but wouldn't dare drink my usual hot coffee in this 92 degree day. Since iced coffees go for a least two dollars at my local coffee store, I figured I would take a stab at creating one at home. There is a small amount of alcohol in this drink, simply added for the flavor. I was hesitant at first in adding the Coffee Liquor and the Marsala Wine, but am so glad I did, because these additions caused the drink to taste like my favorite dessert, Tiramisu.

You do need an iced tea maker for this drink, which costs around $20 (or 10 iced coffees). I have an older model Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker which works great for both iced tea and iced coffee. I have also used the more expensive Hamilton Beach Iced Tea Maker which also works well.

Tiramisu Coffee Drink
Makes: 1 Pitcher Coffee Drink

List to Bring With You to the Supermarket:


Alcohol:

4 tbsp. Coffee Liquor
2 tbsp. Sweet Marsala Wine

Pantry:

10 Tsp. Ground Coffee
2 tbsp. Splenda

Refrigerated:

1/2 Cup Soy Milk

Directions:

*Fill Water as Directed for machine
*Fill Ice as Directed for Machine
*Add Splenda, Coffee Liquor, Marsala Wine, Milk
*Fill paper towel with coffee grounds
*Follow directions for machine
*When Machine Turns off, Stir Until Blended and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment