Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stuffed Artichokes, First I Need to Translate the Recipe

I absolutely get a kick out of translating recipes. I'm not saying I enjoy translating recipes from Italian to English, because I don't speak a lick of Italian, I mean from Grandma Recipe to Actual Recipe. For example, below is exactly how the ingredients are written down for my grandmother's stuffed artichokes recipe:

Artichokes
1 Whole Loaf of Sliced Bread
Macaroni Cheese
10 oz. pkg. of button mushrooms
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil

Seriously? How many artichokes? How much cheese? What kind of oil? This should be interesting.

OK. So I take a deep breath, take my mind to a time where I remember enjoying the stuffed artichokes, thinking about each artichoke leaf, remembering the amount of filling crammed into each, visualizing the ratio of cheese to.... OK. This is silly. Visual memory recipes? Never heard of it. I will just wing it and see how it goes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment