Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chew on Michael Pollan's Food Rules


I'm currently reading one of Michael Pollan's newest books labeled Food Rules. I am a huge fan of Michael Pollan, who uses his edgy, fact-based storytelling to produce witty, bible-like pantry staples. I am currently reading Food Rules on my Kindle, so I am unable to see the various colorful images of fresh fruits and vegetables which would cause me to salivate and ultimately cheat on my longtime friend- red meat, but there is something sincere about how he speaks of these vegetables, causing them to sprout off the page and into my better judgement.

Michael Pollan suggests you create your meals only by shopping for food in the outer aisles of the supermarket, steering clear of processed food and boxed items that your grandmother wouldn't recognize. So far I've been listening to Mr. Pollan's words of advice- this book has caused me to wander down the center aisles of the supermarket only once during my late afternoon shopping trip today, only to purchase paper towels and toothpaste. OK OK- and Wheat Thins- I love those buttery wonder snacks.

I'll keep you posted on future shopping trips, informing you of other items that cause me to break Michael Pollan's Food Rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment