Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve Menu- Parmesan Noodles



So I spent my night prepping and cooking my New Year's Eve Dinner for me and my boyfriend. I cooked Veal, Calamari, Soup and pasta. All of the hours of cooking and prepping, and guess what: He loved the pasta the best! Out of everything I made, all of the hard work, he couldn't get enough of the pasta. So if you don't want this simple, yet very tasty dish to outshine everything else, make it by itself!

Simple Moist Parmesan Noodles
Serving Size: 4

What You'll Need:

1 pound wide egg noodles
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp salt

Boil water in a large pot over high heat
Add 1 tbsp. salt to water after water has come to a boil
Add noodles to pot and cook according to directions on bag
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the water in a measuring cup
Melt butter over medium flame
Once melted add pasta water to pan and mix with spoon to incorporate butter
Return noodles to pot and mix until evenly distributed
Add cheese to pot and mix until evenly distributed
Serve warm

2 comments:

  1. The simple dishes are always the best dishes! Your meal sounds delicious. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have stocked him up on the pancakes, but he didn't have enough Shake & Pour jugs!!

    ReplyDelete